All copyrighted works on this site are property of the Astronomical Society of Japan or other parties.
The copyrighted works may be used without obtaining the permission of the copyright holder provided such use is for educational activities at schools and other educational institutions or personal use as set forth in the general restrictions on rights in the Copyright Act of Japan. Parties desiring to use the copyrighted works shall apply to ASJ with the contact form.
Links to this site may be made at will. ASJ does not respond to inquiries or communications regarding links to this site. Please note that URLs of sites other than the top page are subject to change without notice.
While ASJ takes the utmost care in the operation and management of this site, ASJ cannot guarantee the accuracy, currency, or usefulness of the information provided. ASJ assumes no responsibility for any damage that may result from the use of this site or its content.
(1) Scope, handling, and management of collected personal information
This website records and stores access logs, including date and time of access, device information (hardware model, operating system type, browser type), IP addresses, and referring URLs. Access logs are used to protect network security, optimize network and computer resources, and for statistical analysis, such as access trends and numbers.
The access log may be processed and analyzed as statistical information that cannot be used to identify individuals. The results of the analysis are used to understand users' access trends and to help us manage the website. The results of the analysis may be made public.
This website collects the minimum amount of personal information necessary to register for various services and contact forms. The personal information collected through the website will be used to achieve the purpose of such services and will not be used for any other purpose. ASJ will also use reasonable methods to manage the information appropriately and securely.
(2) Discloser, correction, use-stoppage, and deletion of the personal information
Personal information collected by the website will not be disclosed or provided to any third party, except in the following cases
- With the consent of the provider.
- When the Astronomical Society of Japan entrusts the handling of personal information, in whole or in part, to a third party to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use.
- When claimed on legal grounds.
- When it is necessary for the protection of a person's life, body, or property, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- When it is particularly necessary for improving public health or promoting the healthy growth of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- When cooperating with a national agency or a local government or a person entrusted by such a government agency or local government to carry out the operations prescribed by laws and regulations, and obtaining the consent of the person is likely to interfere with the carrying out of the operations concerned.
The Astronomical Society of Japan shall respond promptly to requests from users to disclose, correct, stop using, or delete their personal information in accordance with the law.
- How data is collected and processed by Google Analytics
Google Analytics Terms of Service
How Google uses information from sites or apps that use its services
- How to disable cookies
Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on
Cookies can be restricted by settings in the browser. For details, please refer to your browser's documentation.
(4) Changes to the policy The Astronomical Society of Japan may change this policy without notice. In the event of such a change, ASJ will promptly post it on this site. The latest policy will always apply to personal information collected through this site.